UT Arboretum Endowment Campaign
To ensure the future of the Arboretum, the Institute of Agriculture has launched a multi-year, $3 million fundraising campaign. One million dollars of capital improvements have been identified, including an Auditorium renovation and annex. The Institute and the UT Arboretum Society, one of the oldest volunteer support organizations affiliated with the University of Tennessee, has announced that $950,000 has been raised in the campaign so far. This represents a major milestone in the overall campaign.
A recent contribution of $450,00 to the campaign has been made by UT-Battelle, B&W Technical Services LLC, and Oak Ridge Associated Universities for the addition to the existing facility which will provide additional classroom space, technology and options for educational programming during inclement weather and after sundown. It will also provide an ideal space for youth and environmental programs in the Oak Ridge area.
Prior successes of the campaign have included a lead gift of $500,000 from the Rogers Group in Oak Ridge.
Additionally, a new parking lot, improvements to and construction of new walking trails, new trail benches and signs, bridges, and new plant collections were made possible by a $114,000 grant from the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation through its Recreational Trail Program.
Campaign officials hope to conclude fundraising for the new auditorium by the end of the year.
The following are ways that you can make it successful:
- Become an ambassador for the Arboretum - spread the word about the Arboretum Endowment
- Include the Arboretum Endowment in your estate planning
- Honor loved ones with memorials to the Arboretum Endowment
- Help the campaign partners identify potential donors
The endowment will fund the following critical features of the grand vision for the UT Arboretum:
- Expanded collections of plants
- Creation of an arboretum coordinator position
- Improved facilities for public access and enjoyment
- Enhancement of the grounds, displays and trails
- Perpetuation and care of existing plant collections
- Creation of vibrant education and outreach programs
If you have questions, need more information, or wish to share your ideas for funding the Arboretum Endowment, please contact:
- UT Institute of Agriculture Office of Institutional Development
- Tom Looney at 865-974-5779
- UT Arboretum - Kevin Hoyt at 865-483-3571
- UT Arboretum Society - Charles Samuels at 865-482-3502
For more information on Planned Giving visit www.plannedgiving.tennessee.edu